ARISS SCHOOL CONTACT SCHEDULED WITH SCHOOL IN
The “Berufliche Schule
des Kreises Nordfriesland in Niebuell” is a school center located in the most
north-western part of
The 2600 pupils are taught by 135 teachers. The school focusses on a large variety of professional education. The main fields are economics, computer science, health and nutrition, agriculture, social matters and pedagogy.
The school’s amateur radio station, DL0NIB, will use its educational licence callsign DN0BSN for the contact.
An ARISS School Contact
has been scheduled for the Niebuell school on
Here are the questions prepared by the students:
Hello International Space Station, hello Mike. Here is Guenter, the
coordinator of the amateur radio station DN0BSN of the Berufliche Schule
1. Here is Christina. What would happen if someone of the crew got seriously ill? Over.
2. Here is Kirsa. What do you miss most? Over.
3. Here is Maylin. Do you have the possibility to take a shower? Over.
4. Here is Eike. Are asteroids a potential danger for the safety of the ISS? Over.
5. Here is Elin. Can you describe your daily diet? Over.
6. Here is Damjan. How do you produce the necessary oxygen? Over.
7. Here is Katharina. Do you have any personal belongings on board? Over.
8. Here is Jens. Do you have any contact to your family and friends? Over.
9. Here is Benjamin. Do you have any spare time and how do you spend it? Over.
10. Here is Franziska. Was is difficult to get accustomed to zero gravity? Over.
11. Here is Zine. Do you hear any noise up there? Over.
12. Here is Hanna. How do you get rid of your waste? Over.
13. Here is Christian. How and when do you sleep? Over.
14. Here is Sabine. How many hours do you work per day? Over.
15. Here is Sabrina. Which qualification did you have to meet to become an astronaut? Over.
16. Here is Christina. How long does a crew normally stay in orbit? Over
17. Here is Kirsa. Do you realize the unimportance of man from your distance in space? Over.
18. Here is Maylin. How do you keep informed about politics on Earth? Over.
19. Here is Eike. Can you see planes that fly around the world? Over.
20. Here is Elin. In what way will your experience in space influence your later life on Earth? Over.
Interested parties are invited to listen to the answers of the astronaut on the downlink frequency 145.800 MHz.