008 - Boston Red Sox Outreach to School Groups, Boston, MA, USA
Scheduled on 2017-09-14 15:03:58 UTC 56 deg
Fenway Park is host to close to twenty schools from five of the six New England states for a STEM event on Thursday, September 14, 2017. This event, specifically the on-field activities like engineering and launching water bottle rockets in the shadow of the historic Green Monster, provide schools with a real-world application of the Next Generation Science curriculum. With the partnership of ARISS and the ISS contact, the STEM activities (both the activities of the day and the pre-teaching activities sent to schools prior) would shift to a STEM NASA, space and amateur radio focus. The goal of ISS contact was to be a draw to those schools from all over New England who do not have the capacity to otherwise go through the contact proposal and host a contact. In this one event, ARISS is granting exposure to New England schools to STEM, NASA, space and amateur radio. Students from Burlington, VT; Salem, MA; Whitnesville, MA; Mashpee, MA; Wakefield, RI; Danvers, MA; Bradford, MA; Waltham, MA; Whitefield, MA; Provincetown, MA; Concord MA; Roxbury, MA; Stoneham, MA; Nashua, NH; and Bangor ME are all scheduled to be part of this historic learning event.
Students First Names & Questions:
1. How often and through what methods do you communicate with family and others on earth?
2. How much exercise do you get while in space?
3. What are some of the foods you eat while in space?
4. What if a serious illness enters the space station, how would you stop it?
5. When did you first become interested in space exploration?
6. What kind of jobs does Robonaut 2 do on the ISS or what kind of experiments do you do with R2?
7. Were you able to see the eclipse in space?
8. What's it like to float around instead of walking?
9. Do you believe in aliens or life on other planets?
10. What advice would you give to someone who wants to grow up to be an astronaut?
11. What was the hardest thing to become accustomed to on the ISS?
12. What is the most challenging thing to do weightless?
13. Are you a Red Sox or Yankees fan?
14. Do you use a lot of math on the ISS?
15. What was your favorite subject in school?
16. How do you brush your teeth?
17. What Earth food do you miss the most?
18. When are you scheduled to come back to Earth and what will you do first?
19. Who inspired you?
20. Have you ever been to Fenway Park?