018 - Beaconsfield State School, Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Scheduled on October 26, 2017 08:23:02 UTC 40 deg
Beaconsfield State School is an Education Queensland Primary School that caters for approximately 315 children from Prep to Year six. The school is in the northern suburbs of Mackay. The school's mission is to develop students who are safe, respectful and responsible life-long learners, through the implementation of School Wide Positive Behaviour Support. Our ongoing focus for improvement in Literacy has delivered a whole school approach to reading – Reading on the Same Page, with a focus on SCORE as a strategy for reading comprehension, which is part of every teacher's classroom practice when teaching Reading. Our staff use Explicit Instruction as our signature pedagogy for teaching and learning. Our students are involved in many sporting opportunities representing Beaconsfield, Cumberland, Mackay, Central Queensland and Queensland in individual and team sports. Our performing arts program provides an excellent music education with a strong tradition of success. The school provides instrumental music tuition in strings, brass, percussion and woodwind, with students becoming involved in regional band competitions and instrumental music camps.
Students First Names & Questions:
1. Lucas: Can you see what the weather conditions are like on Earth from space?
2. Sian: Is it comfortable sleeping in space?
3. Zara: What was your dream when you were little?
4. Taya: Is it sometimes lonely in space?
5. Chase: Has there ever been a medical emergency in space?
6. Albert: How long do you stay in the space station for?
7. Kahdeesjah: What is the hardest thing you have had to do in space?
8. Aiden: What does Australia look like from space?
9. Sam: What are your favourite things to do in space?
10. Sophia: Why did you become an astronaut?
11. Penny: What do you miss most about Earth?
12. Lucy: Is space beautiful?
13. Stevie: What do you eat in space?