22 May 2007
ARISS SCHOOL CONTACT PLANNED WITH
An International Space Station ARISS
school contact has been planned on
The contact will be a telebridge between stations W6SRJ and NN1SS. ARISS ground
station W6SRJ is located in
The audio of this ARISS School Contact will be broadcast to the amateur radio worldwide community by EcholInk and IRLP.
EchoLink - The audio from this contact will be available on the EchoLink *AMSAT* (node 101 377) and the *JK1ZRW* (node 277 208) conference rooms. Please connect to the *JK1ZRW* server to keep the load light on the *AMSAT* server. This will ensure good audio quality for all listeners
IRLP - Connect to the IRLP reflector 9010.
You may also connect via the IRLP Discovery website at http://www.discoveryreflector.ca/listen.htm.
Students will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:
1. My name is Irem : What kind of experiments are you conducting on the ISS ? OVER
2. My name is Benoit : What kind of changes does the body experience in weightlessness ? OVER
3. My name is Varvara : Are living conditions very different in space from what they are on earth, for example eating and sleeping ? OVER
4. My name is Cedric : During these months in space, do you feel like you have missed something on earth ? OVER
5. My name is Lydie : Do you have any free-time on ISS during the day ? OVER
6. My name is Maxime : If you had to return to Earth for some reason, how quickly could you do it? OVER
7. My name is Lavinia : What kinds of things do you do for fun? OVER
8. My name is Thomas : When you are in space, do you think about the ecology of the earth ? OVER
9. My name is Floran : How are the relations between the astronauts during the mission? Will you stay in touch with them, once you are back on earth ? OVER
10. My name is Dorian : Did you bring some personal items with you, family portraits for example ? OVER
11. My name is Thomas : Up to now, what is your best souvenir of your mission to the ISS? Why ? OVER
12. My name is Martin : What do you think about space tourism ? Is it going to slow down your work ? OVER
13. My name is Elise : What kinds of things do you think about when you are looking at the Blue Planet? OVER
14. My name is
15. My name is Alex : How do you keep up with the different time zones? What time is it currently aboard the ISS? OVER
16. My name is Melisande : During your training, do you have enough time to prepare everything you are going to do for 6 months ? OVER
17. My name is
18. My name is Jennifer : What are the benefits of having female crewmembers on ISS? OVER
Good luck to the school!