ARISS CONTACT SCHEDULED WITH
An ARISS School Contact is scheduled with the “College Georges Brassens of Saint Mard”, and the “Jacques Prevert” school.
The two schools of Saint-Mard are located
at approximately 45 km to the North-East of Paris (
Here are the questions prepared by the pupils, which will be read by their teacher, Jocelyn RAFFRAY, who is a licensed radioamateur. For this contact he will be using his callsign F5CAR.
1. The first question is from Geraldine and Melanie. What is the reason to do research onboard the ISS and why do astronauts go to space? OVER.
2. Angelique asks
if the forest fires in
3. This is the question of Alexandra and Roxanne. Why did you choose to be an astronaut ? OVER.
4. Estelle would like to know how your family and your friends feel when you leave for space? OVER.
5. Floriane and Kamie are asking if it is difficult to come back to earth ? OVER.
6. Here is a question from Tommy and Josephine. What is it like to be on the ISS? OVER.
7. Helena and Maxime are curious about the temperature inside and outside the ISS? OVER.
8. A question from Cyril and Mildred. What do you eat in space and how do take your meals ? OVER.
9. Geoffrey’s question is: What do you experience as the most disturbing aboard the ISS? OVER.
10. Remy wonders if you have time for leisure and personal activities? OVER.
11. Wafila would like to know what you find most fascinating in space? OVER.
12. Jonathan and Lucie are asking if you have a bed to go to sleep? OVER.
13. Quentin is asking how you manage to shave and wash? OVER.
14. Florian and Sabrina are asking how long you will stay on board ? OVER.
15. A question from Audrey: What do you do with your waste? OVER.
16. Christophe wonders how you can know what time it is, since you see the sun rise several times a day ? OVER.
17. Jonathan would like to know what you did feel during lift-off ? OVER.
18. A question from Angelique and Audrey. Have you ever been hit by dust particles? OVER.
19. Florent is asking what you can see of our solar system? OVER.
20. Amandine and Laurianne would like to know if you have done space walks ? OVER.
Interested parties are invited to listen to the answers of astronaut Mike Foale on the downlink frequency 145.800 MHz FM.
The acquisition of signal is predicted
Thursday April 1 at , which is in continental