Monday November 4, ARISS contact planned with NY. Signals
An International Space Station school contact has been planned with participants at Cradle of Aviation Museum, Garden City, NY on 04 Nov. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately , which is 15.24 CEWT. The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds.
The contact will be a telebridge
between IR0ISS and IK1SLD. The contact should be audible over
The Cradle of Aviation Museum, (
The museum is home to the first magnet academy to open
Participants will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:
1. Can you describe what it was like the first time you encountered microgravity in space? How difficult was it to adapt to the microgravity environment on the ISS?
2. Was there anything that your training did not prepare you for on your mission? Were there any unexpected surprises once you arrived on the ISS?
3. What was your training like for this mission? How different was it from the reality on the ISS?
4. What sort of exercises do you do in order to stay healthy?
5. Do you expect your stay in space to affect your health once you return to Earth?
6. Have you noticed any physical changes as you spend more time on the ISS?
7. What is the most difficult part of your job on board the ISS? What is the most fun?
8. Have you been out of the ISS for an EVA? How difficult is working outside in a space suit?
9. How do you spend your time when you are not working on your mission?
ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA, and CSA, with the AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating countries.
ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers onboard the International Space Station. Teachers, parents and communities see, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology and learning.
Gaston Bertels Ė ON4WF