SUNITA WILLIAMS TALKS WITH STUDENTS IN
An International Space Station ARISS
school contact has taken place
The contact was a telebridge
between stations W6SRJ and NN1SS. ARISS ground station W6SRJ is located in
The audience in
When W6SRJ started calling, NN1SS came back right on time. Sunita, KD5PLB answered 14 questions:
- I am a Navy helicopter pilot and my operational skills were taken into account, especially for the robotic arm on ISS.
- ISS ground control is in US and in
- What I miss the most is my dog. Also to sleep with my head on a pillow and drinking milk from a cup instead of using a straw.
- We can watch recorded TV programmes, we have e-mail and every weekend a videoconference with our family.
- I did not see any flying saucer, only space ships providing supplies from earth.
- Floating freely aboard the ISS is something I will miss most when back on earth.
- Our diet is 3000 kcal per day.
Many media covered the event: Cadena SER, RNE, TVE1, Canal 4, CYL, Television Palencia, newspapers El mundo, El norte de Castilla, etc.
Special thanks to Tim W6MU
and Bob in
Congratulations to Colegio
La Salle and to the URE (Union de Radioaficionados Espanoles) team in
An audio recording of the space talk is hereto attached.