TWO ARISS SCHOOL
The downlink signals will be easily readable on 145.800 MHz FM in western Europe. You will hear astronaut Bill McArthur, KC5ACR answering these questions:
1. Joe: Does lack of gravity have an impact on the movement and retention of fluids in the body? If it does, how do you prepare yourself for this?
2. Megan: Do chemical reactions in a micro-gravity or gravity free situation change their rate of reaction?
3. Matt: Can weather systems such as lightening, hurricanes and tropical storms be seen from space and does lightening move vertically from the cloud layer towards the upper atmosphere?
5. Here is a question on behalf of the Tunisian Scouts. What is the most marvelous phenomenon one can observe only from space?
6. Bernadette: Does the weight (mass) of the shuttle affect the station orbit when it locks on and does it have an effect upon any artificial gravity system in place?
7. Danny: What things have you taken with you from home and why?
8. Leanne: When do you need to wear a space suit and what is the material made of and is it heavy?
9. Stevie-Anne: If your radio system failed, do you have anything to use to contact the Earth?
10. Jack: If you looked out of the window for one minute what things would you see?
11. Ryan: What exercises do you do in space?
12. Bradley: Who has been your role model or inspiration?
13. Jennifer: If you lit a candle, would the flame remain vertical if you turned the candle on its side and does the colour of the flame alter?
14. Sam: What is the daily routine on the space station?
16. Josh: When you’re in space, how do you cope with all the water that escapes from your body?
17. Jonathon: Do you feel it will be hard to adjust when you come back to Earth?
18. Ashley: What is your biggest fear when in space?
19. Bernadette: Is your diet supplemented to compensate for any loss in bone density?
20. Megan: How does it make you feel when you look at Earth from space?
21. Joe: What is the funniest thing that has happened to you in space?
The same day, another
ARISS School Contact is scheduled with “Istituto Comprensivo Francesco Negri”
located Casale Monferrato, in the north-western part of
This contact will be
done by telebridge. The ARISS ground station WH6PN, run in
Good luck to both schools!
Gaston Bertels, ON4WF